Accounting & Finance — UK Finance Labour Market Trends, Mar 2022
After a lull in hiring for accountants in England and Wales in Q4 2021, new jobs appear to be back on track in 2022. Which sectors are seeing an uptick, and what disciplines are most in demand? Read our latest financial sector trends report to discover more.
Written in partnership with Morgan McKinley, this report examines the hiring of accounting professionals in England and Wales. It reviews annual and quarterly totals; compares the hiring activity within the accounting, financial services and consulting, and commerce and industry sectors; presents regional recruitment trends; and analyses which sub-functions are most in demand. Key findings include:
- An increasing share of accounting roles are moving to C&I compared to 2021
- London remains largest hub, with 2022 monthly jobs +21% on previous year’s average
- Audit is the single largest area of recruitment in accountancy
- Vacancies are up significantly in financial services, with surge in banking
- Tech leads across C&I for accountant jobs, already at 33% of 2021’s levels
Download our latest labour market trends report on the financial sector to get more insights.