Banking – UK Legal Labour Market Focus, March 2021
Magic Circle banking lawyer vacancies dropped 40.5% year-on-year in 2020. But which two member firms experienced growth? Download our legal labour market report now to find out who showed resilience.
Legal Target & Vacancysoft
Written in partnership with Legal Target, this report reviews professional vacancies for banking and finance (B&F) specialists within the UK legal labour market. It presents a national and regional overview; focuses on private practice and in-house hiring; analyses the various specialisms and roles; and reviews the hiring activity of the UK’s top law firms. Key findings include:
- B&F legal specialist vacancies experienced a year-on-year fall
- B&F legal in-house roles increased while private practice recorded a drop
- London remains the dominant region for B&F legal vacancies
- The two most popular B&F sub-specialisms were financial services and general banking lawyers
- Simmons & Simmons was the busiest recruiter for B&F lawyers in 2020
To discover more insights and trends for the legal sector, download the report now.