Commerce & Industry – UK Finance Labour Market Focus, March 2021
What kind of accounting specialists are most wanted across firms in commerce and industry? Which company already surpassed its 2020 recruitment in Q1? Download our report to discover how C&I accountant vacancies are recovering after an unprecedented year.
Written in partnership with Morgan McKinley, this report analyses professional accounting and finance vacancies in commerce and industry (C&I) across England and Wales (E&W).
It provides a comparison of recruitment across regions and cities; a breakdown of hiring levels by industry/sector and the most popular specialisations; and an overview of the recruitment activity of top firms. Key findings include:
- Professional recruitment in Q1 2021 is set to finish higher compared to Q1 2020
- North East hiring levels were least impacted in 2020; Yorkshire & Humber experienced the biggest drop
- Outside London, Manchester accounted for the most senior accounting vacancies
- Vacancies in the retail sector dominated, with roles in tech companies in second
- Roles in management accounting were the most popular specialisation
- Sainsbury’s, Amazon and Network Rail were the busiest recruiters
For more insights on the UK finance labour market, download the report now.