Midlands – UK Regional Labour Market Trends, March 2021
Download our analysis of the Midlands labour market, examining regional professional vacancy levels and recruitment trends in Birmingham, Leicester and Nottingham as they emerge out of lockdown.
APSCo & Vacancysoft
Written in partnership with APSCo, this report analyses professional labour market activity across the Midlands — providing an overview of hiring levels between the East and West; a comparison of recruitment in key cities; focuses on industry/sector and profession/role; and an overview of the recruitment activity of top firms. Key findings include:
- Overall vacancies fell across the Midlands, with the West slightly less impacted than the East
- Leicester was the least impacted city; Nottingham the most
- The dominant sector in Birmingham for hiring is real estate and construction
- In Nottingham and Leicester the retail and CGS sector posted the most vacancies
- Most active hirers across the three key regional cities in 2020 were Balfour Beatty, Boots and Next.
To discover more recruitment insights and trends in the Midlands, download the report now.