National — 2021 UK Labour Market Review
In another difficult year for the UK economy, what were the recruitment trends emerging in England and Wales in 2021? Which sectors saw the most growth, and what specialisms were most sought after by the largest firms? Read our annual review now to find out.
Written in partnership with APSCo, this 2021 annual report examines labour market trends across key sectors in England and Wales. It provides a breakdown of hiring across different regions; presents vacancy volumes by industry and function; and compares the hiring activity of top firms. Key findings include:
- New professional vacancies hit record levels in 2021, peaking in autumn
- Wales experienced the largest growth in new jobs, East of England the smallest
- London regained a small amount of share in overall vacancies after a drop in 2020
- New jobs in HR with greatest year-on-year increase
- Vacancies in consumer goods and services in fastest recovery
For labour market insights and the trends that drove recruitment across England and Wales in 2020, download the report now.