Real Estate – UK Legal Labour Market Focus, March 2021
Which legal firms experienced a drop in hiring for real estate lawyers? Which sub-specialisation was most in-demand? Download our report to discover how recruitment for real estate lawyers fared in a difficult year — and where the recovery is in the first months of 2021.
Legal Target & Vacancysoft
Written in partnership with Legal Target, this report analyses professional real estate lawyer vacancies across England and Wales — comparing in-house (IH) and private practice (PP) recruitment; hiring levels across the regions and by industry/sector; a breakdown of the most popular sub-specialisations; and an overview of the recruitment activity of top firms. Key findings include:
- Real estate lawyer vacancies were hit harder than overall legal vacancies in 2020
- Gowling WLG was the busiest recruiter in 2020; Shoosmiths leads in 2021
- Hiring for IH real estate lawyers was less impacted than in PP
- Wales experienced the biggest drop in PP hiring; Yorkshire & Humber for IH
- Vacancies in the real estate and construction industry dropped 11.9% year-on-year
- Recruitment for residential real estate lawyers was the most resilient
For more insights on the UK legal labour market, download the report now.