Southern England – Regional Labour Market Focus, Feb 2021
Which top firm was Southern England’s busiest recruiter in Jan 2021 following a nosedive in vacancies the year previous? Download our regional labour market report for the answer — and a presentation of further staffing trends in Southern England.
APSCo & Vacancysoft
Written in partnership with APSCo, this report presents labour market trends from across the South East and East of England.
It analyses vacancy levels across both regions over 2020 and the first two months of 2021; reviews recruitment for professionals in key cities and sectors; compares hiring across specific roles and specialisms; and reviews the activity of the biggest firms in this part of the UK. Key findings include:
- Since September 2020, vacancy levels in both regions have recovered rapidly
- Monthly hiring volumes in January 2021 are higher than January’s totals in 2019 and 2020
- Cambridge remains the city with the most vacancies — with 17.3% of the total number in January 2021
- Making up 26.4% of all vacancies, IT professionals are most in-demand
- Kier Group leads table of companies, with 123 new monthly professional vacancies
To discover more labour market insights and trends in Southern England, download the report now.