Wales – UK Regional Labour Market Trends, May 2021
APSCo & Vacancysoft
Written in partnership with APSCo, this report presents labour market trends from around Wales.
It analyses vacancy levels across both regions over 2020 and the first months of 2021; reviews recruitment for professionals in key cities and sectors; compares hiring across specific roles and specialisms; and reviews the activity of the biggest firms in the country. Key findings include:
- Overall professional vacancies in Wales reached record levels in Q1 2021
- Out of the larger cities, Newport is enjoying the most impressive 2021 recovery
- Hiring levels for engineers are experiencing the fastest growth
- The insurance sector dropped to second place as most active recruiter for professionals
- Admiral, Amey and Iceland Food recorded the most senior vacancies in Wales
Download our report for more recruitment insights and trends in Wales.