Key trends emerging include:
2018 was a peak month for vacancies across the
EU27, with volumes reaching the highest point since February.
Vacancies for Quality Control remain the biggest area of hiring within QA roles, with volumes up 30% on last year.
Overall, 20% of all posted vacancies are located in Germany, which means it remains the largest market in European pharmaceuticals with activity up 7% year on year.
Other key snapshots include:
– When analysed by country, Belgium and Switzerland have seen significant increases in activity this year so far
– By sector, whilst still small by comparison to others, proportionately there has been a big uplift within biotechnology
– GSK is a company to watch, with hiring up by over 100% on last year for regulatory professionals.
Other key insights from this report include:
– UK Firms are having to raise compensation aggressively to protect against US poaching.
– The largest firms are the least likely to headhunt. Why?
– Litigation is the leading area for Partner Appointments this year so far. What has been happening with the other practice teams?