Other key snapshots include:
– When analysed by country, Belgium and Switzerland have seen significant increases in activity this year so far
– By sector, whilst still small by comparison to others, proportionately there has been a big uplift within biotechnology
– GSK is a company to watch, with hiring up by over 100% on last year for regulatory professionals.
Other key insights from this report include:
– UK Firms are having to raise compensation aggressively to protect against US poaching.
– The largest firms are the least likely to headhunt. Why?
– Litigation is the leading area for Partner Appointments this year so far. What has been happening with the other practice teams?
With the UK now about to leave the EU, the pressure on procurement and supply chains is likely to intensify shortly, as businesses re-organise to the new paradigm.
Also factor that in a recent survey of Chief Procurement Officers by Deloitte, 51% of leaders believe their current teams do not have sufficient skills and capabilities to deliver on their procurement strategy.
Within large pharmaceuticals companies, hiring for procurement professionals has actually been falling. What has been driving this change?
With Government expenditure on transport now hitting record levels as part of their wider investment into the economy, this is directly translating into a hiring boom. From the northern powerhouse to the midlands engine, to Crossrail in the south, in all cases, joining up and enhancing transportation networks are seen as an integral part of the UK’s industrial strategy.
The hiring boom taking place in the sector is taking place against a backdrop of uncertainty, caused by concerns about the continuing shortages of people with the right skills. To find out more about the specific technologies in demand in the sector, please download the report.