Other key insights from this report include:
– UK Firms are having to raise compensation aggressively to protect against US poaching.
– The largest firms are the least likely to headhunt. Why?
– Litigation is the leading area for Partner Appointments this year so far. What has been happening with the other practice teams?
After a strong Q1 for European M&A, and with the new GDPR data regulations coming into action in May this year, we investigate how technology disruption, alongside economic and political drivers, may be influencing opportunities for lawyers in the UK. Key findings include:
– Growth areas for lawyers are in fact in sectors such as TMT as opposed to Law itself.
– Some tech companies are seeing legal hiring up by 50% this year so far compared to 2017.
– UK law firms are now investing into technology directly, and into technology firms to compete in the nascent ‘legal-tech’ industry.