The UK Banking and Financial Services sector is facing a year like none other as the twin events of both Brexit and COVID-19 take eff ect. The sector has already had to adjust to the possibility of a no deal trade agreement between the UK and EU, and yet now finds itself in …
There has been a gradual year on year increase in the recruitment of tax professionals between 2017 and 2019 due to the increased accountability on in-house tax professionals in the form of tax transparency and …
This year was already set to be tumultuous for people in finance, as the final negotiations of Brexit took shape. The fact that the UK is now outside of the single market reliant on equivalence clauses to allow services to be …
– Overall, the total number of vacancies for lawyers has risen by almost 19% in 2018.
– Within Private Practice, London especially has seen a significant uptick in hiring
– Demand for in-house lawyers has increased the most within TMT, up 42% year on year.
Other key insights from this report include:
– UK Firms are having to raise compensation aggressively to protect against US poaching.
– The largest firms are the least likely to headhunt. Why?
– Litigation is the leading area for Partner Appointments this year so far. What has been happening with the other practice teams?